JEDC's Spiritual Autobio
Note in 2010: This section on "Writing your own spiritual autobiography" was originally written in html in 1996, and has been mostly (once again) just copied over into current web format being used on this website. JEDClineJEDC's Spiritual Autobio
This form of autobiography was learned at a workshop called "Writing your own spiritual autobiography", taken at the Sepulveda Unitarian Universalist Society Church, in North Hills, California, in 1995, taught by Penney McFadden. This is an interesting autobio writing protocol that uniquely brings out energies that have influenced one's life. Note that the Onion Singles group in the mid-late 1970's was able to finally get me into interaction with others and to finally start dating after the painful divorce in 1972. After returning to So Cal after job loss in Sunnyvale, eventually I reconected with the Onion but was unable to find women to date there, the singles group was gone, but there continued to be efforts to socially integrate people harmoniously, much needed due to my Asperger's social ineptitude. Although I did not much share the left-leaning politics of many in the Onion, I was not rejected much by them either, and did share interest in world peace and harmonious activity focus. The "Writing your own spiritual autobiography" workshop class series was a further significant step in my healing. The writings in this section were a result of participation in that workshop, and reflect an interesting point of view.
"The Onion" building
For easier access to areas of possible interest, I have made this autobio into several sections:
Index of My Spiritual Autobiography, By James Edward David ClineDefSpiritual
- A hypothesis: a "spirit" is an energy with a specific pattern which, when played upon visible physical matter, creates change in the physical world. An individual "spirit" could be considered an individual "entity". "Spiritual", then, would mean: that which is characterized by being moved by an energy with a specific pattern.
Describing life energies and their patterns, and the available physical environs on which the energy plays, is then the writing technique being used here. Perhaps thus everything that happens is driven by spiritual energy, without exception.
A "Spiritual Autobiography", then, would be the record of the play of which energies/patterns empowered the person.
What was the energy field, its playing ground, the resulting expression as change?SnapshotWriting
- This coalesced into a "snapshot" writing process.TheorySpirituality
- Theories of spirituality as affecting my life experiencesBirthtoEaglerock
- Ancestry, birth, to Eagle Rock years : "He won't make it, but we will try"; learning of putting together and taking apartSanfrantoPhoenix
- San Francisco to Phoenix years : uprootings & re-rootingsMexicocitytoThermal
- Mexico City through college to Thermal years It's a comic book world, for realMarriageyearstoDivorce
- Marriage years to divorice : a happy, eagerly willing slave to woman; bridge creation; but then I was dumped utterlyPostdivorceSocal
- Post divorice years, Southern Calif.: Humpty-Dumpty slowly beginning to de-fragment himself, but without the instruction manualSiliconvalleyYears
- Silicon Valley years : renewed hope, growing in awareness, groping for relationshipBacjinSocal
- Back in So. Calif years : holistic awareness growth, space project growth
(Original) Copyright © 1996 James Edward David Cline
homeinwashingtonstate : Home in Washington State - new writings using the snapshot writing technique, about energies forming events in my life